Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Camping at Edisto Beach

This weekend, Kevin, Abby, and I went camping at Edisto Beach. We stayed in the Live Oak Camp Ground. Kevin's grandmother, Mrs. Kitty, has a camper. She let Kevin and I borrow it for the weekend. Growing up, Kevin and his family went camping a lot. I have been tent camping but never in a camper. We had the best weekend! It was our first mini-vacation since we got back from our honeymoon. It was so nice to be away from school and doing school work and I know Kevin was so glad to get away from the farm. We just really enjoyed spending time together without any other distractions, including the tv. So what did we do at night? We played Uno! And last night I beat Kevin 4 times in a row. Yep, sure did! Friday was a teacher workday, so as soon as I could leave, we headed to the beach. After we got camp set up, we went to the beach and as soon as I stepped onto that sand, all my cares and worries washed away like the sand. Abby didn't like the waves. She would run from them just like a child when they would get near her. She also thought that she could run and chase any sea gull no matter how high up it was. It was a fun time. We plan to go again sometime. We have some other State Parks and beaches that we want to try out.



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Edisto Beach
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: