Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Myrtle Beach

This past Thursday evening Kevin and I headed off to Myrtle Beach to the Beach Box. My aunt and uncle, Bob and Ann, own the Beach Box. My parents had headed down Tuesday afternoon and we were on our way to join them. We finally made it there about 9:30-10:00 at night. Friday-we got up and went down to the beach. We stayed until lunch time, then got run off the beach due to rain, thunder, and lightning. After lunch it was still raining, so we decided to take a nap. We went out to eat at Kevin's favorite place, well we all enjoy it. (Before we got there we had to stop at Kevin's favorite store, Bass Pro Shop.) It's in Calabash, NC-Dockside. I don't eat shrimp, or any seafood for that matter, but my dad and Kevin say it's the best there is! My favorite part is afterwards when we stop to shop at my favorite beach store Callahan's. It's a huge store with all kinds of stuff in it, but my favorite part is the Christmas section. They always have the neatest ornaments there. Then when we got back we drove down to the pavilion. Kevin had never been to the Myrtle Beach pavilion before. His favorite thing was the rack track. I did drive the first time, but Kevin and my dad lapped me. Saturday-We were all awoken by this loud music. Come to find out the Hill Billy Clan was in town. I will explain more in my next entry. my mom and I did some quick shopping. Found a new bathing suit, which is a miracle, I hate shopping for clothes, because you can never find what you are looking for and I do not like trying on bathing suits, but I found one. Then we stayed on the beach for the rest of the afternoon. To which I ended up taking a 2 hour nap on the beach. (I am not sunburned!) After eating we went to check out Huntington Beach State Park (Kevin and I were interested in seeing it in case we wanted to go camping there). It was so nice and had a very pretty and nice beach. I think we are going to try it out sometime. Then we ended the night with a close game of Put-Put. My dad won-39, I came in 2nd-40, Kevin 3rd-41, and my mom 4th-43. We had lots of fun! Sunday-this was out hottest day yet, but very nice. We spent the morning on the beach then came up for lunch and did the awful thing of packing up to leave. But it was such a relaxing and restful couple of days. It feels like we were gone for a very long time. Thanks Bob and Ann for letting us use your Beach Box!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Myrtle Beach 09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: