Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

"Because I am a woman does not make me a different Christian, but because I am a Christian, that makes me a different woman."
~Elisabeth Elliot~


Yes, I realize that I am a week late, but I still wanted to mention Mother's Day. My parents came down for the weekend and we had Mother's Day lunch at Mrs. Kitty's cookhouse. I also got my first mother's day card from Abby. I just wanted to say thank you to all the "Mothers" that have had an influence on me and my life. I have meet and have had the chance to have so many wonderful, Christian women to be my mentors. There are so many women in my family that are so very special to me that I just wanted to say "thank you". Thank you for giving of your time, your prayers, your encouragement and your support. However, I do have to single one particular woman out, and that would be my mom. My mom is one of the most special people to me. She is my best friend and she has always been there supporting me and encouraging me to reach for my dreams. She is a voice of reason that I constantly hear in my head. She has always given of herself to help me with everything. She is what true unconditional love is all about. She is an incredible, loving, caring, and beautiful person. I have been so blessed for the past 27 years to have her in my life. I pray that one day when I have children I can be the kind of mom that she has been to me. It is hard at times to be so far away from her, but she gave me wings to fly and roots to grow and stand on. Thank goodness for phones and computers, so we can stand in touch. I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. You have the most precious and influential job there is...(next to teachers :0) Can't tell you how many times a day I get mistakenly called "mom".) I hope on Mother's Day you were told how much you are appreciated and were blessed to be surrounded by those that have the privilege to call you "mom".

No comments: