Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Update on Us

Tomorrow, I will finish my graduate class that I have been taking. I'm very excited to be done with it. I enjoyed the class and I'm very glad that I decided to take it, but it will free up so much time for me. So, tomorrow we will share our final project with the class and we are celebrating with some goodies to eat. Kevin has been busy planting a strawberry patch. The patch is half an acre and he planted 4,500 strawberry plants. He said that he had a new found respect for anyone that had to pick cotton. He planted them last week and there is already small green plants poking their heads out of the plastic. The idea is that this summer we will have a strawberry patch for people to come and pick strawberries. There's also talk of some vegetables that we will sell as well. I guess that will be Mrs. Katie's and my summer job. :0)

The weather here is so crazy. The beginning of the week last week, it was in the 40's and 50's and this weekend it's back in the upper 70's. I am ready for cold weather. It doesn't seem like the holidays when it's so warm. It's hard to believe that it will be Thanksgiving day in 11 more days. Then Christmas is right around the corner. Time is going fast, but I'm not complaining, I'm ready for June! (ha ha) Tomorrow it will be the 63 day of school; just 117 more days to go! This week will be a regular 5 day week, then next week we go Monday and Tuesday, then have the rest of the week off. Then we just have 3 weeks until Christmas break.

Kevin and I went over to visit his Aunt Arie yesterday. She is finally back at home; she came home on Wednesday. She looks like she's doing a lot better since we last saw her, which was in July, but she said that you had no idea how it was to go from being able to do everything yourself to having to totally rely on someone to do it for you. Her birthday is on Tuesday and she will be 81 years old. Our mennonite neighbors, Mr. Sam and Mrs. Mary invited us over for dinner last night. We had a great time and great food! It was also very interesting to Kevin and I to learn about the Amish ways and what they had to go through and how they are still not accepted by family because they left that lifestyle. They told us that they are so thankful that God got them out of that lifestyle and they realized who He was and the true way to get to heaven was through accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

I was really Alissa Stewart's blog (you can check it out on my blog) and she had these verses on there and I copied them to share with you. I could really relate to each one. I hope they will be some encouragement and peace to you as well.

Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:16-17


Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; His mercies never come to an end;they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.“The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in Him.” Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments: