Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

34 Week Check Up and Nursery

Yesterday I went for my 34 week check up. Everything looked good. I go back in two weeks, March 8th. When I go back I will have th strep test done and my doctor will check me to see how thing are progressing. He also said that we will talk about signs of labor and labor. I will be 36 weeks when I go back for my next appointment. My only complaints right now is my feet and ankles are swelling. Last Monday morning I woke up and couldn't make my feet fit into my shoes. All week (it was a very difficult week at school and I had lots of late nights) my feet and ankles were very swollen. I also started aching really bad in my lower region and it hurts every time I walk or roll over in bed. Which my doctor said all of these things were normal especially to the part that I am in with my pregnancy. He laughed and said the only way to get complete relief of my ailments was to have the baby. Which he also said wouldn't be long now.

After we left the doctor's office, we had to run by Lowe's pick up a little more green paint for Kevin to do some touch ups. Then we went by Babies R Us; we had to pick up the dresser/changing table and the guard rails and converter kit for the crib. Last night Kevin put the crib together all by himself. I was doing school work and fixing dinner while he was working. It only took him about a little over an hour to get it together and that was also stopping to eat dinner. Then we put the bedding together. There is still a lot left to do in the nursery with decorations, paint touch ups, and one more piece of furniture to be added, etc. But we both were so happy with the crib and how things are looking. Kevin made the comment as he was almost done with the crib, that it feels real now that we have a baby coming. Below are pictures that I took this afternoon of the nursery so far. I waited until there was some natural light coming in the room, because the colors change at night with just the overhead light and lamp.




















1 comment:

Katie said...

The nursery looks great! Love the color of the walls and the bedding.