Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Greenville Baby Shower

Last weekend, Saturday, February 12th, I had a baby shower in Greenville. The shower was at the Barrington Park Club House. I had a 18th birthday surprise party there, high school graduation pool party, college graduation party, and a surprise 30th wedding anniversary party for my parents there. So, marking these special milestones in my life; celebrating a baby shower there was the obvious choice. We have a friend that lives in this neighborhood and she is able to rent out the club house for us.

Getting ready to leave for my baby shower. (33 Weeks)


My Hostesses and Me
Back Row: Julia (my mom's cousin), Lindsey (high school best friend), Angela (Lindsey's mom), Felicia (aunt; married to my mom's brother), and Susan (my dad's sister)
Front Row: Emily (my cousin, Felicia's daughter), Me, and Amanda (Susan's daughter-in-law to be in October)


They did a super job with decorating! Felicia's sister, Keli, made this cute diaper cake and the initial decorations. My aunt Susan got the cute stork balloon. She said that we can save it, and blow it up again once Madalyn is born.
The delicious cake and food!


Madalyn got so many wonderful gifts; here's just a few highlights from the shower. There was too much for me to take pictures of everything she got. I am so appreciative to those that came and celebrated with us. (The thing that I find so funny is the expressions that get captured on my face as the pictures are being made in some of my pictures).




My suite mates and room mates from college: Mandy (who is pregnant with her second little boy; due May 15th), Noelle, Me, and Erin. Here's the funny thing, we have had a picture made of the four of us so many times. We had one made the summer of 2003; the occasion was that Noelle (was engaged), Erin (was engaged), and Mandy (who had just gotten engaged) went out to eat to celebrate. Then we had a picture of the four of us made at Noelle's wedding (Dec.2003), Mandy (March 2004), and Erin (May 2004). Then four years later we had another picture made at my wedding (June 2008) however in that picture, Noelle had a 1 1/2 year old little girl, Erin was pregnant and Mandy was pregnant, and you had me, the bride. Now, 2 1/2 years later in this picture, Mandy is pregnant with her second child, Noelle's little girl just turned 4 years old, I'm pregnant with my first child, and Erin's little girl is 2 1/2 years old.


This is Jodi Harter who is married to my childhood best friend, Rhett Harter. They live in Charleston and their little girl turned 1 year old in December.


They had these diapers for people to write funny sayings on them.


Like I mentioned, Madalyn got so many wonderful gifts! The gifts filled up two tables and Mrs. Katie's car! Kevin's mom was nice enough to carry everything home with her (since I wasn't going home until the next day) and got Kevin to help her unload it at home.


Mrs. Katie and my sister-in-laws gave me the pack and play. But they had to order the pack and play, so I didn't get it at the shower. It came one day last week and Kevin's parents brought it over and put it together for us.

My dad came down last Friday (the day before the shower) and brought this book case. He had repainted it (it was white, but needed a new coat). The last time my dad had painted this book case was when he and his dad (my grandfather) built this book case to go in my nursery. I had had this book case in my room even since, until I moved down here. So of course, I had to use it in Madalyn's room.

While I was at the shower, Kevin was at home busy painting the nursery. I was so pleased with the color and he did a great job. I know it's hard to tell the true color of the walls since I took this picture after dark, but it goes so well with the bedding.
We went to Greenville this weekend; my cousin Taylor and his fiancee Casey, had a couple's shower last night, so we were there celebrating with them. They are getting married March 19th. We had the carpet cleaned this past Friday, so we had not moved anything into Madalyn's room yet. Tonight, I added the books that Madalyn had gotten at the shower, stuffed animals, and buckets and baskets of toys that she has already received. I can't wait to get the crib and everything else put up and get her room all ready for her.





















No comments: