Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 27, 2011

35 Weeks and Counting....Praying....

Yesterday was the beginning of my 35th week...I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by. I only have 5 weeks left until Miss Madalyn will be here! Here are some things that I am dealing with and will be going on in the next 5 weeks.

1. February is ending (yea! and March is beginning this week; meaning my last full month. I go to the doctor March 8th and then is every week after that.)

2. I have 5 full ; 5 day weeks left of school (That part cannot get here soon enough for me. It's been a struggle lately with school. I am praying that I will be able to stay for the next 5 weeks (which as of this point I don't see me having to come out earlier but you never know. Simply because I don't want to have to return to school before that last week or half day really with the kids)

3. Going with number 2; there is so much that has to be done at school on a normal basis and then I have this weight over me that I have got to start on my sub plans and gets things organized and ready for my time of leave.

4. Going with 2 and 3; there is so much at home that I need and want to do; like daily household chores: laundry, cleaning, cooking, and getting Madalyn's room ready. However, due to school, once I come home in the evenings I'm so tired and my feet and ankle's are swelling so it's off my feet I go; which prevents the household chores from getting done. Not to mention the achy feeling I have as well.

5. This was my last semi-calm weekend. I have a baby shower coming up, a girls' night out, a wedding, and preparing for Madalyn all in the next 5 weeks of weekends. Not to mention I have to do school work on the weekends on top of that.

Yes, I do sound overwhelmed and I am a bit overwhelmed. I am doing my best to take it one day at a time and one week at a time. (My job really adds to me being overwhelmed because there is always school work to do; it never is at rest) But honestly, all I really feel like doing most days is just staying in bed and sleeping half the day. That's what I did yesterday. I got up about 9:00, ate breakfast, then Abby and I took a nap. Kevin came home for lunch, then Abby and I took another nap. I had someone ask me the other day if I was "nesting". I said no, I don't have the energy, all I want to do when I go home or on the weekends is sleep. However, I am praying for God's strength to get me through these next few days and weeks and focus on the positive that is coming, our little girl, whom we both are so ready and excited to meet. However, just like she has much growing and developing left to be done in the next 5 weeks, there is much we have left to do to get ready for her. Anyway, just keep Madalyn and myself in your prayers as we both have a short time but yet at times it's seems very difficult and long days ahead before we get to meet. And having this beautiful spring weather, is wonderful, but it doesn't make it any easier to get my school work done.

And I can't forget my sweet husband. Keep him in your prayers as well. He is in a great need of help, dependable help at the chicken houses. He has been very stressed these past couple of months. He's working harder and working more than he has in several years. I know at least since we have been married. He is excited about Madalyn and wants to be able to come home at a decent hour and not so tired to be able to spend time with her and me, so pray that before she comes God will send him someone. Two people would be awesome!

No comments: