Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Busy Little Girl

Madalyn is a very busy little girl and faster than lightning at getting into things.  She hasn't been feeling too well today.  I think she has a stomach bug, and hopefully it will be cleared up by tomorrow.  This evening, I was in the den and Madalyn was playing in the kitchen, and I heard something making a "clink, clink" sound. I looked to see what she was doing and she was sitting in the middle of the kitchen table, playing with these apples that I have, taking them out of this glass they are in.  I didn't say anything to her, because I didn't want to scare her to cause her to fall, just calmly took a picture of her and then got her down.  Then later tonight, I was making her some sweet tea to help calm her tummy troubles down and when the tea was boiling, I walked into the kitchen to take it off the eye.  I came back in the den to check on Madalyn and she was sitting in the floor with the fire poker in her mouth! Oh my goodness! Once again I kept my cool and didn't scream, just walked over to her and got it. That was very upsetting to see her with it, just thinking about all the possibilities of what could have happened. How in the world did she get it? I don't know. Last winter when Madalyn started to crawl and walk, we moved the fire place tools to a closet. Apparently, some how the poker got left behind and we have the fire place covered with blankets and pillows, and I guess it was under there, I really don't know.  But I am so thankful to God, that nothing happened to her more than her hands and mouth having soot on them.  OH boy! She's always into something.  (The other night she had gone into the trash can and pulled out a chicken finger she didn't eat from dinner and came through the den eating it....yuck!)





No comments: