Our Family

Our Family

Friday, September 7, 2012

Oh My Goodness!

Oh my goodness! Things are changing so fast around our household...Madalyn, last weekend climbed out of her pack and play two times.  Yes, we still use a pack and play, mainly, when we go on vacation or go see my parents during the summer at the lake. But we have also used it for Madalyn to play in when I have to do something like: bring in groceries, cook dinner,etc. or when I need a place for a few minutes to contain her.  But now, she can get out. (I have had many comments made to me from other moms that their child didn't like the pack and play and would just cry. Well, not to step on toes, but duh! Madalyn cries too for a few minutes (sometimes not always) but then she gets over it and plays with her toys.  You know, sometimes it's okay for your child to cry. If I know that there is nothing that could be wrong with Madalyn like she's not hurt, not hungry, etc., then sometimes she will cry it out in the pack and play or her crib for like five minutes. 

Anyway, my "oh my goodness" again came tonight.  I got home and Mrs. Katie called me to ask if I could burn two CD's for a nurse at the hospital that has been helping Tara and Dave.  The nurse is pregnant and loves the CD's I burned for Tara and Dave and wanted a copy if possible. (They are Christian worship songs, music only, in a lullaby form; they are very relaxing to me). Dave was getting ready to go to the hospital tonight and wanted to be able to take them with him. So, while I was doing this I put Madalyn in her crib.  She was talking and playing in her crib.  Well, I looked up and I could see a small shadow in the hallway (I was using the computer in our guest bed room, which is right next to Madalyn's room), and I was thinking "Surely not, surely that's not Madalyn....YEP! My baby girl had climbed out of her crib! Oh my! And she did it 3 more times. What? you say? I put her back in the crib to see if she would do it again and wanted to see how she did it. She can get down without any trouble. She goes to the corner and puts one leg over, and swings her body around and comes down backwards. Now what do we do? I hope that after a few times, she will get tired of this and stop for awhile. Madalyn's crib is the convertible kind, so we can change it to a toddler bed, but we are not ready to do that yet. So, if any mom's out there have any crib climbing stories or advice, please share.  I was not expecting this. Also, Madalyn sometimes goes to bed wonderfully, without a peep if she's really tired.  If not, then she was cry, talk, roll around in the crib until she falls asleep. I'm afraid with those times, she might now decide to climb out of the crib. So far tonight, she went to sleep without a peep and has stayed down. So let's hope she will sleep all night in her crib. If not, I'm sure I'll hear, but there's no telling what she will get into.

Also, another first that I do have a picture of....her first set of pigtails!  She's so cute with her pigtails in her sheep PJ's! And I'm so proud that her hair is finally long enough for pigtails.


 
 
 



No comments: