Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Rough Day for Madalyn

Poor Madalyn she had a bad day today. She was huggin on some friends at preschool, two boys, and ended up putting them in a head lock this morning. She was leaving preschool and holding on to her Aunt Tori's hand, when she decided to pull away and Tori held on to keep her from falling on the concert, when Tori heard a "pop" and then Madalyn started crying.  She had nurses' elbow again. So Mrs. Katie called Kevin and he tried to reset it but it didn't work. So she called the doctor and drove to Aiken for them to reset her elbow.  I'm not sure who was more upset, Madalyn, Tori, or Mrs. Katie.  The doctor checked her ears and said the infection was gone, but she still had fluid built up behind her ears.  She said that if she didn't start on another antiobotic, then it would cause another ear infection.  We played outside this afternoon when I got home, and right before we were coming in, Madalyn feel in the grass. I picked her up and she was kindof whinning, then she bit my shoulder. I was telling her "no, do not bit me", when I realized her hands were coverd in ants. She had fallen in an ant bed. She had them on her hands, feet, and legs (a total of 16 ant bits, unless I missed any). So I got them off as quickly as I could, then we ran into the house.  I striped her down to her diaper in the kitchen to check to make sure all the ants were gone, gave her some benadryl, and put her in the bath tub.  Then put a paste of baking soda and water on the bits, then cleaned that off, and put hydrocortisone cream on, held her and rocked her to sleep tonight. Whew! What a day for Madalyn! I hope that tomorrow will be less eventually. (By the way, she had not climbed out of her crib since Friday evening, so far, so good...)

 
After the morning and before the ant bits, here is our little cheerleader.  Now, these pics are just for her Daddy and the rest of the family who are Gamecock fans.  Her MeMe bought her this outfit after her teeth accident.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: