Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 3 of Sickness

Today is Day 3 of Madalyn's stomach virus.  Wednesday as I had posted earlier, she didn't have any more problems..however, at 12:30 am, she woke up screaming and crying, I went in there and she had thrown up and it was everywhere..all over her, the crib, the floor, sheets, blanket, etc. So I had to call for back up on this one. I cleaned her up, with her screaming (it had scared her to throw up and then she didn't want it to touch her) while Kevin striped the bed, etc. She went back to sleep pretty easy and did sleep for the rest of the night. Thursday, she had more bad diapers until lunch time. Then she was good until bed time and had one more bad diaper. She slept until around 5:30 am that night. This morning, she threw up once and so far since then she's been okay. She hasn't eaten much at all, some yogurt and Cheese-Its and that's all.  I hope that it will be out of her system by now. This is the first time she's been sick like this, unfortunately I could only take off Wednesday. I had to be a school Thursday because it was the last day before the kids got out for spring break, it was awards day and I had parent/teacher conferences until 7:00 pm last night. Then it was  a teacher workday today with more parent/teacher conferences, but we were able to leave at 12:00 today. So once I got home, Madalyn went down for a nap and so did I. We both slept for 3 hours; it was much needed. Things have been so busy this past month. So, now I am ready to enjoy my Spring Break..I know it will go by too fast. 

No comments: