Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Madalyn's 2 Year Check Up

Madalyn woke up a littler earlier than normal this morning...5:30 am she was awake (normally we wake her up around 6:30). She first cried out, then she was just talking, and then she continued to cry. So Kevin got up to check on it, while I stayed in bed. (I know I was being lazy this morning, but hey he owes me quite a few late nights and middle of the nights me being up with her, when he was sleeping away. :0) At 6:00am I was just about to fall asleep, when they both come crawling into bed with me. And that was the end of sleep time. (Which my alarm clock was already going off any way.) Kevin told me that Madalyn had thrown up and that's why she was up; she had it all over her and the sheets too. He had cleaned it up by himself..yea for Kevin!  Then we were getting ready to walk out of the house to go our separate ways, and Madalyn had another accident, this time it was smelly, bad diaper at 6:30am. Kevin changed that as well and I headed to school.  I called Kevin's mom and told her what was going on and told her I would check on Madalyn during my planning time.  When I called at 8:45 am, she had thrown up a total of 4 times and had bad diapers 5 times, so I decided that it was best for me to find a Sub and come get her.  She hasn't had any sickness since I got her at 10:00 this morning. (go figure! I guess she just needed a "Mommy and Me" day.)

This afternoon Madalyn had a doctor's appointment for her 2 year old "well" visit, so I didn't call to try and get her an appointment or to be seen any earlier.  Her doctor said that she probably had a virus, but must have gotten it out of her system already; however she could continue with some bad diapers later on. But Madalyn also has been very stuffy; so she has a lot of drainage, and in the past she had gotten sick due to the drainage. Her doctor also said that she had one of her top molars coming in, so that could be another reason for the sickness.  (We just have one more molar to go and we will have all the teeth in, thank goodness.) And we discovered that Madalyn's right ear was infected. (Didn't we just get over an ear infection like last week? Yep, we did, this time it's in the other ear.) 

Other than that, she was doing great and had a great check up. When you first get there, they ask you all these questions (and at each visit they repeat the same 10 questions).  One question they always ask is "how many hours of sleep does she get each night?" Well today Madalyn answered before I could with a simple "none".  The nurse and I both laughed and I said, yes sometimes it seems that way. She didn't cry one bit when the nurse stuck her finger. Since she doesn't eat any vegetables right now or much of anything right now I was a little concerned as to if her blood work would be ok, but it was better than great, so that was good.

Madalyn's Stats:
weight: 28 lbs. 75 %
height: 36 inches- off the charts for her age

A Madalyn Funny:
A few weeks ago, Madalyn was eating some chicken nuggets for dinner.  She was in the den eating at her little table.  She came and asked me for a cookie. I told her she had to finish her chicken first. So she went back to her bowl of chicken, picked it up and went on the other side of her table, and dumped her chicken on the floor. (she thought I didn't see her do this.) She brought the empty bowl to me, smiled and said "cookie".  I went over to the chicken, picked it up and put it back in the bowl (and yes it was on the carpet and yes I gave it back to her to eat; there wasn't anything wrong with it). I told her she could have a cookie when she ate all of her chicken. This time she did eat it all, and then she got her cookie.

Funny #2: We were eating at Red Lobster a month ago, and every time the waiter came to fill up Kevin's tea glass, Madalyn would tell the waiter "thank you".

Funny #3: We were eating at Chilli's about a month ago as well, and the waiter was filling up Kevin's tea glass and spilt some tea on the floor. He walked away with cleaning it up. Well, this did not set well with Madalyn. She kept on pointing to the tea on the floor and looking in the direction the waiter went it and was just a fussing at him in her own language to come back and clean this mess up.

Two years have gone by in a hurry.  It's amazing to see how much she has grown and what all she can do now.  Sometimes she does things that are just so funny, you have to laugh even if you want to fuss at her for doing them (because she's made a mess or something).  Her newest thing is that she has to now sleep with one of her stuffed animals every night and that stuffed animal normally goes with her to Meme's for the day.

No comments: