Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pink Easter Eggs and Pink Eye

What a combination we had today at our house...pink Easter Eggs we dyed and Pink Eyes.  No, Madalyn doesn't have pink eye, but I do..in both eyes! I noticed Wednesday that my eyes were really red when I woke up and at the same time I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to them, but they have stayed that way. This morning when I woke up, my right eye was matted shut and it was draining and my left eye I could open to a slit, it was matted as well.  I used a warm wash cloth to unstick my eyes, and started texting to find out who I could find to call in some drops for me.  I haven't had Pink Eye since I was a little girl. I have no idea where it came from, but with all the kids I come in contact with through the day, there's no telling.  I took a picture of my eye and sent it to my mom and she said yep, that's Pink Eye. So she got the doctor she works with to call in some drops for me. I also had talked to Kevin's mom, and she got the doctor we see here to call in some drops too. So we have a back up in case someone else gets it.  I am wearing my glasses instead of contacts until this clears up and doing my best not to touch my eyes.  They don't really itch a lot, but they burn and feel really dry.  Wearing my glasses doesn't help either, because I'm not use to wearing them all day, and that causes my eyes to bother me as well.  So, Madalyn is finally better from her sickness, so hopefully once I get over this, we will have a sick-free spring break. 

This morning we dyed Easter Eggs and decorated them with our Mickey Mouse egg kit.  Madalyn has loved playing with the eggs.  However, she likes to tap them on the floor and peel off the shell.

Our Easter Eggs drying

 
Our Easter Eggs Decorated
 
Madalyn loved her eggs!
 
 
The great thing about these since they are boiled, when they rolled off the counter, they didn't crack open.
 
 
Look, I have two eggs; blue and pink!
 
She preferred the stickers on her hands instead of on the eggs.
 
 
And of course, one stick wasn't enough, she had to have some for the other hand too.
 

No comments: