Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 20, 2014

36 Week Check Up

Wednesday, I went for my 36 week check up. All was good with the baby. My feet was the biggest they had been yet. So my doctor told me that he wanted me to keep my feet up for a 24 hour period to see if the swelling would go down. If it didn't , then next week on Tuesday, they would do some blood work and test me for preeclampsia.  I got out of school on Thursday; so Yea! I'm on Christmas break.  Thursday night, I wasn't feeling that great, so I took my blood pressure and it was up. I started taking it each hour and it would go up and then go down some, but not back to normal. Friday I woke up and took it and it was up. So I called the doctor's office. After waiting for an hour, I called back and after 30 more minutes, Kevin and I headed to Augusta. We had an hour drive to get to my doctor's office and I was sure that he would want to see me. (My blood pressure went up the day I went into labor with Madalyn. So we were trying to see what was going on here.)  My doctor said that my blood pressure was border line, but since I had the swelling (however since Wednesday, just keeping my feet up,  I had lost 3 pounds of fluid-which is a good thing.) he wanted to go ahead and test me and check things out before sending me home. So we went over the the hospital and they did blood work on me, and monitored the baby for any labor activity, and monitored my blood pressure. I was there for about 2 1/2 hours. All my blood work came back normal and my blood pressure was getting closer to the normal range. So my doctor told me to go home and I'm on bed rest. I will go back to the doctor on Tuesday for my 37 week check up and we will go from there. Hopefully, things will only improve and this baby girl will be able to stay in and not have to come yet.

No comments: