Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

38 Week Check Up

I went to the doctor today for my 38 week check up. My blood pressure is staying down pretty good. I'm trying my best to stay off my feet as much as I can. My doctor said he could tell I had been up more this week because I had more swelling in my legs and feet than last week.  Everything was good with my doctor visit and he sent me over to the hospital to do my Pre-Op for the c-section. So...unless I go into labor between now and next Tuesday, Miss Alexis will be here next Tuesday, January 6th. My c-section is schedule for 10:25 am, however I don't know when her actual birth time will be. But the count down is on...I have 7 days until she arrives. Everything is packed, car seats are ready, the nursery is ready, and every one is just waiting and ready to go if she comes earlier than next Tuesday, if not then we are still ready.  Even though things have been busy with Christmas, since I got out of school time seems to have stopped and is standing still. I think this will be the longest 7 days. But I am ready for next week for many of reasons: I'm ready to meet our baby girl, ready to start getting to the "new normal", ready to start wearing my regular clothes again :0) (I've been wearing Kevin's pj pants and t-shirts because mine don't fit; however all he has is Gamecock stuff), I'm ready to be off bed rest and to be back at my normal pace of things. It was nice for awhile to be able to take it easy and have things done for me, but after awhile, I get to where I just want to do it myself. I haven't driven a car since I came home the day school got out. And I won't drive a car for at least another month. I'm tired of telling Madalyn, Mommy can't do that because she has to rest or doesn't feel good. Kevin and family are all excited and I know Kevin's just as ready as I am for the "pregnant" part of this journey to be over.  So let's start at 7.........and count down!


No comments: