Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Olive Garden and School Baby Gift

I am late posting this, but Sunday, December 7th, my Mother-in-law and my sister-in-laws took me out to eat lunch at the Olive Garden for a girl's lunch and shower. We ate at the Olive Garden in Columbia and my mom came down to meet us along with my cousin. There were 12 of us in all: Mrs. Katie, (my mother-in-law), my 3 sister-in-laws, Tori (and her daughter Lily Kate), Heather (and her daughter Kayla), and Katelyn (who was pregnant as well), My mom and my cousin Beth, Kevin's aunt Wanda, Katelyn's mother-in-law, Mrs. Renea-who is also Madalyn's preschool teacher, and Katelyn's sister-in-law, Crystal (who also is pregnant and she's due in March.) It was a very nice lunch and I had a great time. I wish I had felt better, because that day I was not feeling good at all. I really appreciate them doing that for me.

At school with second babies or more, they don't do a shower for you, but they will take up money and give a gift. So Tuesday at our school Christmas party, I got a stroller and a very generous gift card. So I was able to get my bouncy seat and a few other items that I would need right away with the baby that I had not gotten yet. Both gifts were very nice and I greatly appreciate it.

So, I think I now have all that I need for baby Alexis. Her bag is packed for the hospital, Madalyn's bag is packed, and my bag is almost packed along with Kevin's. So, whenever God's timing is for her, we are as ready as we can be I guess. :0)


No comments: