Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Miracle of Life

This afternoon Kevin and I went for a ride on the 4-wheeler. Kevin had to feed the sheep. When we got there, I noticed that there was a lamb that had just been born. Well, we were not there 2 minutes, when the mama sheep starting having another one! This was the first time I had ever seen a sheep or live animal that I can think of have a baby. The mama starts to clean off the one that just came out. Kevin and I go to the horse barn to get feed for the sheep. When we come back, a different mama sheep was having a baby. This one was having trouble. Mr. Tim had to step in and help her get the baby out. Then we found out this was her 2nd one. So within about 20 minutes, we had 4 little lambs born. By the time the last lamb was born, the first one was able to walk around. They were so precious! I wanted to jump in and hold one, but the mama sheep needed their space. I didn't have my camera with me,but I am sure most of you wouldn't have wanted to see, but it was a very clean sight to behold compared with human child birth as so what I have seen. Anyway, now we have 11 little lambs. I think a few more are still to come. Then in March, we should have some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is so much fun to watch you turn into a Country Girl! You are doing a fabulous job as a new wife of a farmer. I enjoy your blog because I feel like I stay
up-to-date on the family there.

Love to you both - Aunt Wanda