Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, September 26, 2009

School Break Again, and again, and again

Yes, that is correct, last week we had 3 more break ins! When I went to school on Monday, I learned that over the weekend we had another break in on Saturday night. They broke into two 4th grade rooms and got one of the teacher's lab tops. (The lab top was a school lap top, so it will be replaced, thankfully). *The other lab tops and cameras that were stolen from the first break in were not able to be replaced by anyone, so it was a big lost for them. Well, then Tuesday morning, I learn that someone broke in Monday night. They tried to get into the classroom next door to me. They didn't break the glass this time, but they tried to chip away at the lock on the door, were not successful. I didn't hear who else they tried to break in to and what was stolen. Then, I learn on Friday, that they broke in yet again, this time to one of the resource teacher's rooms (she wasn't broken into before but the other rooms had been) and stole her lab top. And I am also willing to bet that when I go back on Monday, it will have been broken into once again. I think that those that did the major break in a few weeks ago, are different people than the ones that have been hitting the school this week. The sad thing is that all week, the police were suppose to be keeping a close eye on the school, obviously not! They do have a security system with cameras on the way, when it will get here I don't know. But in the mean time, I don't know what they will do. The principal told us Friday afternoon that if we have anything of value to either take it home or bring it to her and she will lock it up in the vault at school. I had some school t-shirt money that I had collected, so I did take it up to the office to be locked. I didn't want to take it home with me and I didn't want to risk leaving it in my classroom. I just don't know. It makes me mad that someone keeps doing this, but it also makes me mad, because I feel like there is more the school district or police could do to stop this from continuing to happen. Its absolutely ridiculous and whoever is doing this needs to be stopped! And what I don't understand is why they waited until school started when it was empty all summer long and could have of really cleaned out the place. Because each time they don't take any money, only lab tops, not even the regular computers. Not that I want to have more things stolen, but I just don't understand what they are looking for except to upset everyone.

No comments: