Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Break is Here!

No, we didn't see snow yesterday or anything close to it, but it rained enough that I had to get my boat to drive home from school. However, in Greer, it was a different story.

11:15 am yesterday, I was singing and jumping about, because my Christmas break had begun. The kids were all gone and I was free for the next 2 weeks. I called my dad after the kids were gone and found out that they wouldn't be able to come down to visit yesterday because they had gotten snow, sleet, and lots of it. The roads were really bad. I talked to my mom this morning and she said that it had snowed all night, but they were planning on come down today. The roads were clearing up and it didn't seem too bad to travel.

Last night I watched two holiday movies that were very good. One was on the Lifetime channel called "Holiday Switch" and it was about this girl that married her high school sweetheart, had two kids and were happy, however they didn't have a lot of money and were struggling to make payments on their bills. She went out shopping and ran into her old boyfriend (the one she dated before her husband) and he was very rich and successful. She started feeling like she had made the wrong choice. One night she went into the basement to do laundry and her a voice coming from the washing machine, opened the door and crawled through. Taking her to an alternate world where she was married to the rich guy instead. What she found out was that she still wasn't happy having all the money because her rich husband had cheated on her with the woman he was married to in the "real" life, and she realized that the life she did have was pretty great. She ends up getting back to her normal life and is very happy. The lesson she learned was that you can have everything in the world but if you don't have love, you have nothing.

The second movie I watched was called "The Nativity Story" it had come out about three years ago, but it was about Mary and Joesph. It was Biblical correct for the most part, but it was interesting to me because Lee had just preached about this last Sunday. But what it showed was how difficult it was for Mary and Joesph to bring baby Jesus into the world and the hardships they had to go through. They were shunned by family and friends from the beginning and had many trials apart and together. But it all worked out for God's ultimate, wonderful plan. I highly recommend both movies if you have a chance to watch them.

No comments: