Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Empty Nest

Yes, that's right, my little bird nest that I have been watching on my front porch is now empty. I was sitting at my computer this evening, and saw something out of the corner of my eye fly into the window, then I heard it hit. I went outside to check to see what it was (which I had figured it was a bird) and noticed all these Carolina Wrens hopping around and flying around the porch. So I checked the nest, and sure enough the baby birds had flown from the nest and were learning how to fly. They don't completely have the hang of it yet, they can only fly short distances and they keep flying into things. I was sad to see my nest empty, but happy they all hatched and are doing well. They weren't afraid of me and one even flew into my leg. I got some good pictures of them I think. They didn't stay still very long.

Empty Nest

Baby Birds: Carolina Wrens-they are still a little bit smaller than there mom and dad.






















































































No comments: