Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Kevin's New Truck

With all the excitement of finding out the baby was a girl....we also had some other excitement around here. (I was waiting on Kevin to wash it before I took pictures). Kevin finally got a new truck Wednesday night. Kevin has been looking since the start of summer for a truck. He knew what he needed and wanted and the price range he needed the truck to be in, the hard thing has been finding it. He had to have a truck to use on the farm, so many people have trucks like he needs and all they do is use it around town every day. But Kevin's truck has to be a work truck. He has looked on every lot from here to Spartanburg, down to Georgia and online too. I never thought I would see Kevin use a computer as much as he has to find a truck. We have had other people looking as well. Kevin and I both have prayed and prayed for God to lead us in the right direction for a truck. Each time we thought we had found something, it either fell through or something was wrong with it. So Kevin began to change his search. Monday night Kevin was on autotrader and found this truck in Columbia. He called about it Tuesday and Wednesday as soon as I could get home from school, we headed to Columbia. Kevin drove the truck and within about an hour, we were coming home with the truck. I am so happy that he has a dependable truck now. His red Ford has been just used around the farm but for the past year, he has driven a Toyota that his dad had and at the end of the summer a wheel feel off when Kevin was driving. He fixed it, then a little while later the wheel on the other side fell off. Then the heating coil broke and it sprayed water in the floor when Kevin would turn left. Then the wheel fell off again, that was a few weeks ago. When that happened for the third time, Kevin realized the truck was not safe to drive any more. Thankfully, each time the wheel did come off, he was around the farm and on dirt roads. I really like his new truck, it rides good and has plenty of room for our growing family. Kevin is very tickled over it and is loving the truck.

The truck is a Dodge Ram 2006, 4x4, 4 doors, navy blue


As you can see, Abby was ready to go for a ride.

2 comments:

For this journey we're on... said...

Well then... next time you're in Columbia... stop by and see me! :) I like the truck, glad he found one! See you guys soon!

Jill P. McCormick said...

It was so late when we were getting the truck. The sales person even told me that I looked like I was ready to go home. Which having begun my day 6:30 and it was 8:00 that night and it would be 9 or later before we got home, yes I was ready. But maybe next time when its not so late we can swing by.