Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, November 11, 2010

We are Tickled PINK!

Yes, we are literally tickled PINK here at the McCormick house hold. (My mom made this comment today as they were leaving that they were "tickled pink" so I thought I was use that slogan on my blog).Today, I went to the doctor for my 19 week check up and the big event was finding out if the baby was a girl or a boy and guess what.....Our prediction was correct....


IT'S A GIRL!!!

Yes, that's right, after about 20 minutes of poking her and jiggling my belly, she finally let us see. She was curled up in a very tight ball and hanging out at the very top of the uterus, above my belly button and she had no desire to be active today. The lady who was doing the ultrasound was very good, she was very patient and tried very hard to get this baby to move around. I was thankful that we found out; because the way the baby was acting I didn't know if we would find out or not. My parents came down and met us at the doctor's office. It was special to get to share that moment with them and for them to see their granddaughter. Kevin said she was acting like me because she wanted to still sleep and it was almost lunch time. And the fact that she was being very stubborn about it too. Her name is....


"Madalyn" Rae McCormick



Kevin and I had decided on the first name before we got married. I just heard that name one day for a child at my old school and thought it was different and pretty and it just stuck. I had thought of some other names, but Kevin didn't like them and I didn't like some of the ones he had thought of. Which my mom's name is Lynn, so it has that in it. The "Rae" comes from my Papa whose name is "Ray" and Kevin had decided that if it was a boy it would have "Ray" as a middle name. Well, then I got to thinking, why not make that the middle name if it's a girl too and just spell it with an "e" instead of a "y". My Papa is very special to me and it is only right to have his first great grandchild named after him. So, that's how we came up with the name. She will be called "Madalyn".

Everything looked good, they said I was right on schedule with all of my measurements and her measurements. I go back in four weeks, December 7th and they will do another ultrasound. The doctor said that they wanted to better check out all the vital organs and it was still a little early to do that.

Week 19 and 1 day: November 7th (as you can see a change in my belly from week 15)


After we found out, between my mom and I we were texting everyone. After we left the doctor's office, the phones have rung off and on all day, friends and family sharing in our joy of a little girl and so far, the blessing of a healthy baby and pregnancy. After the doctors' visit, we went to eat lunch at Logans' and then headed off to buybuyBABY. My mom helped me registered, while Kevin and my dad sat in the chair and then left to go to a tool's store. There is so much to think about. I was so tired after registering. I tell you, I think there is so much more to register for a baby than when you get married. I don't remember making this many difficult decisions when I was picking out stuff for wedding showers. But we had a good time. I came home and looked at the register online to remember what I had picked out and made some changes. I still have a lot to pick out, I didn't get any big items, I wanted Kevin's input with those and some items I wanted to read up on before selecting them. But by the time we finished it was 3:30 pm and we had an hour drive home, and my parents had a two and a half hour drive home. I want to go to BabiesRUs to look there and register there too. But one store in a day is all I can handle. Poor Kevin, with me, Abby, Roxy, and now the baby, he is out numbered 4 to 1.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY, YAY, YAY! We are so excited about Madalyn! I kept checking your blog earlier today to see if you found out and then Mrs. Katie updated her FB. Congratulations, I know she will be so beautiful!

For this journey we're on... said...

Congrats you two! We're so happy for you.

Wanda said...

I am so excited for the two of you! Time to make another baby blanket. This time a dainty, fussy one - especially made for a little girl! Hope to see you soon~
Love - Aunt Wanda

Jill P. McCormick said...

Mandy-Several people called us or text us because they had saw it on face book before we could tell them. Mrs. Katie was very excited and ready to go shopping.

Wanda-the blankets you made for Hunter were so nice. You have a talent for that.