Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 3, 2011

Last Day of School

Today is the official last day of school. The students' last day was Wednesday, they had two half days; Tuesday and Wednesday. Then the teachers had two work days. I have spent the last two days packing up my classroom. Next year I'm going to be teaching 2nd grade again. I taught 2nd for the first three years and have been in 3rd for the past 3 years. I'm excited about going back to 2nd. It will be a nice change and fun to move into a new room and get it all set up. However, during the summer they are going to be doing a lot of work to our school because it was flooded during some of the bad storms we had the end of April first of May. I won't be able to start getting my room ready until that it completed and I don't know when that will be. So my plan is to do the computer and paper work part of getting things ready throughout the summer. Since I have been out of school for the past 9 weeks, I feel rested and ready to go. However, I will admit, that when I came home Tuesday, Madalyn, Abby, and I took a 2 hour nap. It's been a trial run for us this week with Madalyn going to Mrs. Katie's' (Kevin's mom) and us getting her ready along with ourselves. However, I didn't have lesson plans and papers to grade this week. Most of the time by today, I'm so ready for a break I can hardly stand it. But like I said, I just got my summer vacation, so I'm ready to work. At the same time, this was an extremely hard year and so I'm glad it's over.

No comments: