Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 18, 2011

Butterfly

Sunday, I came home from a weekend in Greer. (Madalyn and I headed to Greer early Friday morning. The idea for leaving at 7:00 am was that she would take her normal 3 hour morning nap. Did she? Of course not...she fell asleep as we left Blackville and woke up somewhere in the middle of hwy 3. I had to feed her in Cayce, 40 minutes earlier than she was suppose to be, but it was either that or stop somewhere on 26 in the middle of nothing. When we got to Greenville it was raining and 67 degrees. Our first stop was for me to go to the teacher store there, which I ended up having to feed her in the store. (The joys of traveling with a baby...they eat and get changed anywhere :0) We got to visit with my friend Lindsey and her baby Mason. Mason and Madalyn were both asleep when Lindsey got to my parent's house. Then Madalyn woke up and it was time to feed her, Mason woke up and he needed his diaper changed, then he decided it was time to eat. So, hopefully, the next time we meet, both will have just been fed and in good moods. Madalyn and I on Saturday went with my parents and Papa to my mom's side of the family reunion at Lake Keowee. Madalyn was the star of the picnic. Kevin didn't get to come with us because he had just spent 2 weekends away from the farm on our lake vacation, so he couldn't be away again that soon. On the way home, Madalyn slept most of the ride; I did have to pull over in Newberry to change her diaper. She slept until then and then went back to sleep and stayed asleep until we got home. I think she was tired after her busy weekend. Which it made it much easier on me, since I was by myself that she did sleep the way home). Anyway, while we were unloading my car, I saw these butterflies flying around my lantana at the back porch. After the car was unloaded, I found my camera and got a few pictures of one of the butterflies.



















2 comments:

Wanda said...

I love your butterfly pics! Pink lantana is my favorite.

Jill P. McCormick said...

Thank you! The lantana is actually a hybrid and it's pink and yellow. We planted it our first year married and I didn't think it would live or come back; but it has come back every year.