Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wet Socks and a Rubber Duck

Riddle: What do wet socks and a rubber duck have in common?

Answer:Bath time with Daddy

Tonight I was on the phone with my aunt Ann. She had treatments today for her cancer that has come back; so I was seeing how things went today. Kevin knew I was on the phone and it was time for Madalyn to get her bath; so he took it upon himself to give her a bath. (Now that Madalyn is older and bigger; he feels better about giving her a bath. So I have shown him how to because school is around the corner and I can't always be the one to give her a bath.) I came through the house to find out where Kevin and Madalyn were and what they were up to and was very surprised to find them in the bathroom with Madalyn in the tub. Now you see this picture I have of white wet socks and a rubber ducky. Kevin forgot to take off Madalyn's socks before he put her in the tub. He said that he noticed that Madalyn was picking her legs up an looking at her feet with a funny look on her face. Then he realized that she had her socks still on her feet. I wish I could have of seen this. I have laughed and laughed all evening about this. I wish I knew what Madalyn was thinking. Probably "my mommy doesn't leave these on when she gives me a bath." Oh, me! At least he is trying to be helpful and if the price is a few wet socks, that's okay. They were going to have to be washed anyway.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is too funny! But at least he was trying. Andrew has yet to give Michael a bath.