Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 25, 2011

Good Morning

In the morning when I get up; this is the picture that I see. Madalyn has her feet up in the air and she bangs them down on her bed. And then you hear her sucking her fingers. She will do this off and on for like an hour or more. This is how she wakes up.


She is just about to get too big for this bed and will soon be moving to her own room. However, it's on the opposite end of the house to where our room is, so there's a few steps that will have to be made to get to her when she moves there. But I think she will be glad to have a bigger bed. She ends up sideways when she wakes up now. She always wakes up with a smile, but that smile wouldn't show with the light of the camera because she would stop smiling whenever I put the camera back up. Oh well...

Madalyn is also holding her own bottle now! Not all the time, but she can hold it and take it in and out of her mouth. I quit taking a bottle when I was around 9 months old, so I guess she might follow me.


It's funny, my mom gave me my baby book so I'm comparing Madalyn's milestones with my own. And some of the things Madalyn has done is right when I did or at least close to it. The big difference is that Madalyn was 14 days earlier and I was 5 days late so I was an older newborn. The other big difference is that I started off sleeping on my stomach so I was sitting up and crawling early; but now they don't want you to put the baby on their stomach; on their back instead. There are many things that I have done a lot sooner than Madalyn has too as far as milestones but like I was eating cereal at 2 months and had apple juice for the first time at 2 1/2 months. But times were different 30 years ago and things have changed.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Get the monitor that has a camera on it. You will be able to see every move and hear every sound. If you don't already have one, ask Brantley about hers. Take care..Aunt Wanda