Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Charm Bracelet

For my birthday this year, there really wasn't anything special that I wanted, so I mostly got money, which is always nice! Since Madalyn was born, I have wanted something with her birthstone in it. Today, Madalyn and I went to Aiken for a short outing, and we stopped at one of our favorite gift shops. They sell the Pandora bracelets and beads, but they also sell Davinci bracelets and beads (which look just like the pandora ones, but are so much more afordable). I decided to use some of my birthday money to start this charm bracelet. I thought this will be something fun that I can add to and other's can give me, especially Kevin. He's always wanting to give me something special for Christmas, or my birthday and now, there are so many charms he can choose from.

They have 3 types of bracelets, I chose the one with the lobster claw because I thought it would be more secure. The charms I got today are:

-diamond birthstone for Kevin's April birthday
-ruby birthstone for my July birthday
-aquamarine birthstone for Madalyn's March birthday
-a "faith" bead sepperates Kevin and my birthstone
-a "mother" bead sepperates Madalyn and my birthstone

Then I have a stopper at each end. The stoppers have rubber in them to keep the beads from moving and sliding around. I got all these beads and bracelet for the price of one Pandora bead. Pretty good deal I think! I was very happy with my choice and I have already enjoyed wearing it.

No comments: