Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Week Recap

Tuesday when school was over, Kevin and Madalyn picked me up at school and we headed to Augusta, GA to the OBGYN for my 33 week check up. All is looking good so far. I go back in two weeks for my 35 week check up. Then we left Augusta and we headed to Greenville. We had to combine Thanksgiving and Christmas this time with my family because this was going to be my last trip to the upstate until after the baby comes. So we did Thanksmas with my mom's side of the family and with my dad's side of the family. One advantage to doing this was that Madalyn has some new toys to play with between now and Christmas and it won't be so overwhelming for her. We came home on Friday.


Happy Thanksgiving!



Today, we went to church, then we headed out to find our Christmas tree. Kevin wanted to do something different this year, since it was going to be Madalyn's last Christmas as being the "only" one. So off we went to a tree farm.





We didn't find a tree that we liked at the tree farm, so we left and headed to another place. But it was a neat experience for us all, because neither Madalyn nor I had been to a tree farm before. We finally find the right tree for us and we brought it home and started decorating right away.  We had to find a new spot to put our tree in the den this year due to us having to rearrange to get ready for the new addition that will be arriving very soon. I like the new spot in front of the windows. 

Kevin helped me put the lights on and then it was Madalyn's turn to put the angel on top of the tree.


Madalyn helped me decorate the tree.

Madalyn and Bella

My mantle isn't finished yet. We added two new stockings this year...Bella and Alexis. I have some more decorating to do with it, but this is where I am so far.

A tradition that I started a long time ago, was each year I buy a few new ornaments for the tree. If we go on vacation somewhere, I always try to find an ornament to remember where we have been. Or I find something that goes along with our family for the past year.



Now this ornament isn't "new", but it's new to our tree. This was something Kevin made when he was in kindergarten and his mom found it the other day.


I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed spending time with family. 










No comments: