Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 1, 2012

Last Day of School

Today was the last day of school for me.  Wednesday of this week was the last day for students and today was the last day for teachers.  I'm ready to be able to enjoy my family again without the stress of school.  At the same time, it's very strange not to have school work to do.  During this school year, I came to realize why back in the 1800's and possibly the early 1900's most teachers were not married and didn't have children of their own.  Being a teacher you have to devote so much time to your job and not just time, but it drains you mentally and emotionally, which to me mean is harder on your body than a physically demanding job. It was difficult enough being single, then when I got married it was more so, but then this year having my own child at home, it was very hard.  Once I got home, I of course, didn't want to have to do school work and devote my time to her.  However, sometimes I did have to school work, and I didn't have the energy to do either one.   Kevin can come in from working on the farm all day in the heat, etc. and still have plenty of energy.  Where as when I would come home from school, I would be completely drained.  Being a wife and mom is a full time job inside the home, then add another job that's like having another "family" on top of it, it's difficult.  So, I know that Kevin is looking forward to having me cook dinner again, and keep up with the household chores.  And I know that Madalyn is looking forward to having her mom home without saying, "I can't play, I have grade papers, or do other school work".  I know this summer will go by very fast, the school year sure did, so I'm going to do my best to make the most of each day that I get to spend with my baby girl and Kevin.  Thank you to all of you who prayed for me during the school year and especially these last few weeks, they were very stressful.  I couldn't have had a successful school year without your prayers and without God helping me through each day.  "What time is it?....It's summer time!" :0)

No comments: