Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Madalyn's Hives..Here We Go Again

On Sunday mornings, Kevin and I normally get ready then get Madalyn up. I went in to wake her up for church this morning and when I picked her up, I noticed that she had red bumps all over her face. When I pulled her clothes off to change her, the red bumps were all over her. Some smaller than the eraser part of a pencil, some the size of an eraser and then some like the size of a dime or nickel.  She was broken out at the beach and we were thinking it was due to the irritation of the salt water and sand, or sand flees.  The bumps had yet to go away, but they were there this morning. So I called the doctor to find out how much benadryl to give her.  However, Madalyn is such a trooper, any time she's had hives, she doesn't let her slow her down.  Over the past two weeks, she has had a good many knew foods, and I thought that by now I wouldn't have to watch her that closely with new foods, but apparently I do. There are two new things that she had at the beach and has had a home that seem to show up a good bit so they maybe what has caused this outbreak....strawberries (which we had thought she had a reaction to them in the past) and cinnamon (such a cinnamon french toast and cinnamon waffles.) But we don't know for sure, but for Madalyn she will be back on plain, regular food for awhile until she clears up with no new foods.  As you can guess, due to her outbreak we decided not to go to church to better keep an eye on her, plus we thought it might freak out the people in the nursery or other parents if they saw her.  I always take pictures of Madalyn when she breaks out to have as a record of what has happened. She goes to the doctor next week for her 15 month checkup so we might know more about them then if they haven't cleared up.  I'm glad the hives don't slow her down, but she sure looks pitiful.








No comments: