Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to School

Well, it's sad to say that this is my last day of vacation for the next 9 months. Yes, I know that I will get days and a week here and there off, but it's my last day of summer vacation. Tomorrow I have to "officially" be back at school. Thankfully I have worked since the 2nd week in July painting and getting my room ready, lesson plans started, and copies made, because I got our schedule for the week and I will be in meetings all day off and on on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday parents and students can come meet their teacher, so I will be at school until 5 pm that day. Then Friday will be a little more relaxed and hopefully finish everything on time so I don't have to stay too late. It's hard to get back started...it's overwhelming.....very anxious, excited....etc. Meeting the parents to me, is more nerve racking that meeting the students. The first day is Monday, Aug. 17th. That will be a very chaotic day. I don't like the first day. I still get very nervous about that day. You have to go over rules and procedures, and nothing goes right that first day. By the end of the week on Friday, it will seem like we never left for summer break and we will all be back into the swing of things. But a new school year is excited because you are starting fresh with a new class. And this year should be a little better, because last year I had to learn a new grade and new school. I know a little more as to what to expect and what is going on this year.

Some school year prayer requests: I appreciate all who keep me and my class in their prayers this year!


1. Pray for me. Pray that I will be the best teacher I can. To not get overwhelmed. To be able to relate to these kids and parents. Pray that I will be able to get my school work done at school and not have to bring too much home. It's hard on me and it's hard on Kevin when I am still doing school work all evening and all weekend.


2. Pray for my students. Pray that they will be a good class and listen and try to do their best. I know I have at least one "bad" boy student coming up. Pray for him. He has a difficult home life and other things going on. I'm told he's pretty good as long as he stays on his medicine, so pray for that.


I'll have some classroom pictures up for you soon! Oh, and some porch pictures too.


No comments: