Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Put on your dancing shoes

On Wednesday we had our annual district wide opening celebration. If you are not a member of the Williston School District Family, you have not experienced this......last year my eyes were opened wide to how they celebrate the coming school year in the low country. When it's time to begin the meeting, all three schools, elementary, middle, and high school will enter. Near the beginning we have a spirit contest. Normally the elementary school wins. The high school mainly just sits there and the middle school tries their best. (This year they did give the spirit stick to the middle school, I think they felt sorry for them, they did try) Kelly Edwards is known for doing some crazy entrance. This year we recreated the famous wedding video that has been playing on YouTube over the past week. I had not watched until today. We had 2 middle school teachers that were coming down to the elementary school, so they decide to "marry" them into the Kelly Edwards Family. I wish I had the video of that to post, but I do not. It was very funny, but after watching the "real" video I understand now.

I showed Kevin this video tonight. Since the Bride and Groom were Jill and Kevin (and the bride was similar looking with the skin and hair color and the groom was with Kevin), I think that in 10 years we need to renew our vows and recreate this. It was a lot more upbeat than our original ceremony, so I think it would be a great way to start off our next 10 years. So.... those that were apart of the wedding party, get your dancing shoes on and start practicing.....you have 9 years to be ready.

Oh by the way, this is the real deal video too, it's not actors. This couple has been on lots of different morning talk shows. Here's the link to watch one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WVI1Xc6Z2Q the couple talks about their now famous entrance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill, I thought of you guys when I saw this video a few weeks ago! I was sure you had already seen it though! It is so funny that they are Kevin and Jill too!