Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First 2 Days of School

Well, it's over. The first day that is. Overall, yesterday went pretty well as well as a first day can go. They are always very chaotic and so disorganized, and you don't stay on schedule for anything. The only thing that I did stay on schedule for was recess, lunch, and activity. The rest........Today ran a little smoother. And yes, the "mean" teacher that I am, gave homework last night and tonight and we jumped right in today with teaching and learning. With all that you have to teach, you can't wait another second. But I have to say, today was a good 2nd day. No telling what tomorrow will bring, but I like my little group. Yes, I do have some that have some issues, and I know as the year goes on and things get harder, their issues will get bigger, but one day at a time. The only complaint I have as of right now, both days around lunch time I have had the worse headaches. Can't figure out why. The teacher next door to me tells me, it's from stress. I have never had headaches like this on the first 2 days of school. I normally have already started loosing my voice by now and probably will by Friday. But hopefully they will get better and start going away. I will say that I am one that always has the radio on and I have to listen to music while I'm in the car, but this morning, I turned the radio down so I couldn't hear and drove in silence, knowing that in just a short time I would hear lots and lots of noise for the next 7 hours. :0) I just have 178 more days of school left! Ha, Ha!:0)


Here's a group picture of my "precious" ones:
I can't make the picture any bigger, but if you double click on it, you can pull it up and it will be bigger.

No comments: