Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Classroom Pics

Okay, today at 3:00 I finally finished my classroom, papers copied and lessons ready for the first day. Did you say today? Yes. But today is Saturday. Yes, it is. Were you the only one at school? Nope, I sure wasn't. Will you go tomorrow? Nope, but I know some teachers will be there. When did you start working on your classroom? The 2nd week in July. Ohhh.......

Okay, yes I just had a conversation with myself, but......See last year, there had been 3 different teachers in my classroom over a period of 2 years. When I walked in last year, (wish I had taken a picture) the walls were yellow, I mean mustard yellow! Awful! So the school painted over it with their lovely choice of this tanish-orangish, beige. It made the room look dirty, and old. And yes,the school is old, but it made it worse. I had so much junk to sort through and basically just moved my stuff in. So this summer I had the chance to really clean my room and get it like I wanted it. Since it's so old, they don't mind if you paint. I painted it white with dark blue trim. The room looks so much brighter and cleaner! Plus, I did go through and clean it, so I know it's clean. It takes so much time to get a classroom ready for the beginning of a new school year. Even if I didn't have to paint and change everything up, it still takes a lot of time and effort..that is if you choose to do it right. At my school you can go up there on the weekends and work and throughout the year last year, there were some Saturdays, even Sundays that I went up there. And there were always at least 1 other teacher there.

Monday morning is less than 48 hours away. I still have lesson plans to finish for the rest of the week and other things to do.....A teacher's job is never done and there is always something to do. Kevin asked me last night, "what more can you possible have to do?", but then again, there is always something for him to do on the farm and his work is never done.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures. The older pictures were taken during February, I was taking pictures of some projects that my kids had turned in, they were at activity, so it looks really junking more so that it would have if I had taken a picture of it from the way it was at the beginning of last year.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: My Classroom 09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


No comments: