Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Well, my weekend has been different. Friday, I worked until about 5:30 at school and got home about 6:00. I cooked dinner, Kevin got home about 6:30, and then I went back to my computer to do more school work until 9:30. To keep Abby satisfied I gave her a toy that had a tennis ball attached to a rope. (She was given this toy for Christmas and I have been saving it). And to say the least, she made a mess of it, tore it up. Just as I got into bed (which Kevin and Abby had both been in bed for about thirty minutes), I hear a noise that I know everyone with kids or pets hates to hear.....someone throwing up.....and that someone was Abby, in the bed, on Kevin. (that part is kind of funny). I lay there for a second for it to hit me that Abby just threw up, so I turn on the light, and apparently Abby had not only tore up the toy, but she had eaten most of it too. So, I get up and clean everything up. Before I can lay back down, she does it again. I ask Kevin to get up to help me, he got in a bad mood because he had to get up at 5 and go to work the next day and honestly wasn't much help. But all I wanted him to do was to put Abby somewhere and get her off the bed. I got the 2nd mess cleaned up, put Abby in her cage and carried both to the den. Just as I sat down on the couch, here it comes again for the 3rd time. So, once again, I cleaned it up. I decided that until she stopped, she was going to sleep in her cage. So, I sat down and watch some of the Olympics, until I got sleepy. I slept on the couch until about 2:30, then we both moved to the bed. She had not thrown up anymore. Saturday, I didn't do anything until about 4:00 that afternoon. Meaning, I laid around, watched tv and took several naps. Then I finally got up and cleaned up the house and had dinner ready for Kevin, when he finally came home at 8:00 last night. Today, Kevin had to got to work again, so I have been doing school work. Then I have to clean up the house again (it just amazes me how it is always messy, even when you just clean), go to the store. Kevin's suppose to work most of the day again today. He has this spreading litter job that he is trying to finish up, he normally doesn't work all weekend or work on Sunday. So I thought that I would get something special to make for dinner tonight to cheer him up. I don't know yet what it will be. Also, all day long Abby has been hearing the trucks go back and forth to the chicken houses and she has been barking like crazy. She normally doesn't bark, but it's been non-stop today for some reason. Anyway, this is the last week of February. Which means, I just have 3 more months of school. Yea! The weather has still been cold and I am getting ready for spring and warmer weather. I'm tired of wearing the same old thing every day and every week. Oh well, that's all the news I have for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Abby is good practice for kids...I can relate! Hope you guys have a good week!