Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

23 Week Check Up

I am 23 weeks and beginning my 6th month. This is the last month for the second trimester. Hard to believe that come January, I will just have three months left and Miss Madalyn will be here and our lives will be changed completely, but for the better. We are getting very excited. Tuesday, December 7th, I went to the doctor for my 23 week check up. We got another ultrasound. They wanted to check out the heart and other major organs. Everything looked good. She is measuring where she should and so am I. Madalyn weighed 1.4 pounds, which is normal according to my book I have "What to Expect When you are Expecting". However, 4 weeks ago she was 11 oz. and has gained 9 oz. My doctor laughed at me, and told me not to worry about that and focus on how much she was gaining. She was doing what she should. My book also says that she will really start to gain weight faster now. This time our DVD worked and so we can watch the ultrasound session on the computer or TV, which is cool. Madalyn was moving around just a little more than last time. She was moving her mouth and her hands. And once, both hands were in a fist and her right fist, she held up her first finger as if to say, "I'm number one". It was cute. I actually missed it in the doctor's office, Kevin, Mrs. Katie (Mrs. Katie wanted to come with us the last time when we found out it was a girl, but she was out of town with Mr. Tim doing a compost convention. So she came this time), and the ultrasound lady saw it, but I didn't see it until I watched the DVD later. My next visit will be Dec.29th. I have to do the sugar test then. Since I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight, I have to come in for an early appointment. My doctor said that so I didn't have to take off work, I could schedule my appointment for a week earlier when I'm on Christmas break. I thought that was nice of him. I'm trying not to take any days off unless needed because I know that I'll need them in the spring.

Changes that have happened lately:

*The past few weeks my lower back has really been aching (which due to the growing Madalyn is doing and my body stretching out).
*My belly has really grown and I look pregnant now, not just a little pudgy around the middle.
*I can still wear my regular clothes, however, maternity pants are so much more comfortable.
*I have gained 2 pounds now. (Trying not to worry about that :0)
*I am really feeling Madalyn move around more.

23 Weeks: Saturday, Dec.4th


Madalyn: Dec.7th (she has both of her fist at her mouth)



Remember, any of my pictures on my blog you can click on to make them bigger.


No comments: