Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend

This weekend was a busy Friday night and Saturday. Kevin and I went out to eat Friday at a Mexican Restaurant in Barnwell. I had just read in my book that if you eat spicy food the baby will either kick or hiccup. After 3 chips and salsa, Madalyn starting kicking. She calmed down once I had some cheese dip to go along with it. I thought that was funny. Kevin and I got our tree. I think this tree is pretty than the one we got last year. However, There are no ornaments near the bottom, due to Roxy. The ones that were close to the bottom-she has knocked off, she had taken the lights off, climbed the tree, drank the water for the tree, etc. You name it, she has done it. She is driving Kevin and me crazy! She either has to be outside, in her cage, or in the guest bedroom with me and the door closed. I don't if once I get presents wrapped, if I'll be able to put them under the tree for her she will probably either tear the paper or bows. Anyway, Saturday, I met my friend Noelle, her daughter, Elizabeth, and her husband Dee for lunch (at Chilli's) in Columbia for our yearly Christmas meeting. It's normally just us girls, but Dee came this time. We ate and caught up. Then we exchanged gifts. I had gotten Elizabeth (who will be 4 in February) a Sea World Trainer Barbie. (She went to Sea World in September). Let's just say the Barbie was a huge hit. She loved it! Then once I got home, I graped Kevin and we hopped in the car to head to Crackerbarrel for our nephew Jared, birthday dinner. I was still full from lunch, but I did manage to eat some cinnamon french toast and some hot chocolate. I think Crackerbarrel has the BEST hot chocolate! On on way home (the Crackerbarrel is in Orangeburg-which is 30 minutes from our house) and they have a memorial garden there and every Christmas they decorate it with lights. So, Kevin and I rode through to look at the lights before coming home. Today, I have washed, folder, put away clothes, cooked breakfast and lunch, cleaned the kitchen (well Kevin did that part), dusted, graded papers, done lesson plans, and other school stuff. I was so woren out Saturday night, I had been either driving or riding all day it felt like in a car. We lost power for about 20-30 minutes this evening due to the wind blowing so hard; it must have of knocked down a tree or limb. Thankfully, it came on soon. This is my last week before we get out for Christmas break. We have 4 full days (Monday-Thursday) and then Friday is a half day. The kids leave by 11:30 am. I am ready for this break and so are the kids. I am heading out just as soon as I can that day. Roxy goes to the vet to get her last set of shots Tuesday and Friday as soon as I leave school, going to see my sister-in-law and get my hair cut and colored. Then I will be able to enjoy my break. Kevin gets chickens back Wednesday and Thursday of this week. So things will soon be back to normal for him. Hope all of you are staying warm, but I am enjoying this cold weather. It doesn't seem like Christmas to me if it's not cold. The only part I don't like about it, is having to leave at 6:30 in morning when it's like 20 degrees. However, poor Kevin leaves at that time and he has to work outside all day long.

No comments: