Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Play Time

Since I have been home, Roxy has gotten a lot of play time outside and in the house. Before, she had to stay in her cage during the day and then she was so bad when she got out, that I didn't have a lot of time that I could spend with her just playing with her. She loves to be outside and run. However, if you put her out the front door, she will stay under the front porch, not going anywhere else. If you put her out the back door, she will stay under the back porch. (She was born under Mrs. Katie's porch, so I guess it's a comfort to her being under there). However, she did come out last night, when it was time for her to come in (I bring her in at dark) and climbed a tree. I was happy to see that. If you don't have an outside cat, you probably don't understand why I was happy to see her climb a tree, but it's very important, because if she needed to get away from something, that is a good defense. Of course, in less that something can climb the tree as well. When she is inside, her favorite toy is her scratching post. I have tied some ribbons to the post (she already tore off the little toy that came on it). She has the best time going around and around the post. When you pull up the pictures, you will notice a black dot on the corner of her right ear (is the left one to you) inside. There was a disaster Friday morning of my last day of school. I was awaken at 5:30 to Kevin yelling and then heard glass crashing and breaking. I got up and Roxy had gotten on the kitchen table and knocked off a Christmas plate and glass and both broke. I was not at all upset about the plate or glass, I had more. But when I looked at Roxy and I noticed that there was blood drops on the floor and realized she was bleeding. I'm guessing the glass, sliced her ear as it fell. It took awhile to get the bleeding to stop. That was not a good morning at all in the McCormick household. However, since Roxy has been outside now during the day, things have been a lot calmer around here and we are all much, much happier.








Ok, I have to post this just now, I turned around and I noticed I was hearing something but wasn't sure what Roxy was up to....Roxy was under the comforter of the bed, crawling around. All you could see was this bump moving under the covers. It was funny.












No comments: