Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 25, 2010

A White Christmas

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...."

In my 29 years, it has never, ever snowed on Christmas before. I have always wanted to wake up to see it snowing Christmas morning. It started snowing about 2:00 this afternoon. For the first little bit it wasn't sticking, but then it started. We had to go over to my aunt Ann's at 4:00 to eat this evening and had to leave early to come home because the snow was starting to stick on the roads and it was going to get bad the later it got. We hated to cut our time short. Tomorrow we are going home and have Christmas with Kevin's family at lunch time. However, we will do our best to get come in time, but no telling what the roads and weather will be like tomorrow. We called Kevin's mom this evening and she said it was snowing just a little in Blackville. I love the snow; it's so pretty to watch it come down. The best thing about this snow is that it's just snow, no rain or ice. Thank you Santa for finally making my Christmas wish some true...a White Christmas.


It's starting to snow; caught a few snowflakes.



The snow is coming down good now.





Snow pictures in Ann's backyard. This is Madalyn's first snow; even though she doesn't know it. And just let me tell you, Kevin threw a snowball at me and hit her. (It wasn't hard though) And of course I had to throw one back.



I love the snowflakes showing up in the pictures.





Kevin, Emily, and Jill



Miss Snow Diva



I took a few pictures of the snow at night. This was the reflection of my parents' Christmas tree looking into the backyard.



If I used the flash on my camera, the snowflakes would look more like flakes than rain.


Looking out their front door. The snow looks like glitter.
















No comments: