Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 17, 2011

29 weeks check up

Since we had the day off for MLK holiday, I scheduled my regular doctor's appointment for this morning. I'm trying not to have to take off any days or leave early from school more than I have to. Since I know that come April and the month of May I will be home spending time with my new bundle of joy. Everything was fine; the heart beat was 160 (which is normal for her), my belly had stretched a good bit from last time. My doctor told me to go online and pre-register at the hospital. I just finished doing that a few minutes ago. Boy, that was a little bit scary because that means she is coming fast. But I'm excited too that she will soon be here. But I don't think anyone could tell you that at least for their first baby they were a little nervous about the whole delivery part, so much can go wrong, yet it can all go right too. After we ate lunch, Kevin and I went to BabiesRUs and ordered the crib and everything that goes with it to change it into the different stages of a bed. Thank goodness for coupons! The crib will be here in about 2-3 weeks. My next visit will be Feb.8th in about 3 weeks. I hope the crib will be in by then so after the doctor's visit, we can go pick it up. I have noticed in the past 2 weeks that my energy level has gone back down again. I am back to taking naps or at least wanting to take naps after school or after I go somewhere or even if I'm at home all day. I have been saying to Kevin that I've been so tired and he keeps saying, "well you are pregnant and that's ok to be tired". But having not felt tired since my first 3 months, it's hard to get everything done with school and house work and then stuff I want to do. Oh, well I just have to do the best I can and leave the rest.

How far along: 29 weeks and 2 days

Size of Madalyn: a butternut squash (I picked one up at Wal-Mart yesterday just to compare and if she is that big, she sure is cramped inside there.)

My Total Weight Gain: 9 lbs. (my doctor said I couldn't gain any more than 20. Kevin said that I should save it all until that last month or few weeks, then if he was me, he would really pack on the pounds then. But not to worry, I'm not him and I have no intention of doing that).

Health Update: Everything is going right on schedule with me. Madalyn's heart beat was 160, which was normal for her. My doctor told me that I have to every now and then count Madalyn's kicks or movements 2 hours after I eat lunch and dinner. He said that I don't have to do it all the time, just every now and then, keep up with it. I also pre-registered with the hospital online today. My next visit is February 8th.

Food Cravings: nothing really. However, for probably the past 2 or 3 months I had wanted every now and then a sausage biscuit and orange juice from Hardees'. Well, Friday I finally got one. Since it was a teacher's workday, I didn't have to rush to school at 7:00, just had to be there by 7:30. So I went through the drive through at the Hardee's in Williston and I greatly enjoyed my breakfast of a sausage biscuit, small hash rounds, and orange juice.

Symptoms: My energy level is down; I get tired really easy now, like I did during the first 2-3 months. I have taken naps more, or just plan refused to do school work or house work because I really didn't feel like or have the energy to. I have noticed that at times I have felt a little on edge with things and gotten a little agitated with things if they didn't go my way. But most of the time when this has happened, I can think back and remember that I was tired at the time. (Which is hard to be the main source of entertainment for 18 children for 7 hours a day).

What is Madalyn doing? Well, her newest thing is that on my right side, she likes to hang out on a ligament that runs to my leg, and this puts a little bit of pressure there, but mainly for a few seconds (or until she moves) it causes that area of my leg to feel numb and funny. I asked the doctor about this today and he said that it was a ligament and that sometimes they like to sit there, but it wasn't anything to worry about. It's not painful, and doesn't last long, but just a weird feeling.

No comments: