Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Third Trimester-28 Weeks

I really cannot believe that today I begin my third trimester. Time has really flown by. I can remember so well the day that we found out and then telling everyone and now, just 12 weeks left until Madalyn will be here.

Yesterday I had to go for my 3 hour glucose screening, what fun that was. Actually,it wasn't so bad. Instead of just pricking my finger, they drew blood-4 times total-2 times in each arm. (I do have some war-wounds to show for it. They took my blood before, then I had to drink about 2 cups of the orange sugar drink, then each hour they drew my blood. With them drawing my blood I won't know my results until next week when they call me. After about 30 minutes of drinking the stuff, I was starting to feel very spacey, and dizzy, and a little on the woozy said. I had brought some papers to grade with me, so I tried my best to stay focus on that. The last thing I wanted to do was to throw up the stuff and then have to come back another day. My mother-in-law, Mrs. Katie, was very kind to go with me. We left about 10 til 7:00 yesterday morning and go to the doctor's office at 8:00, I actually got there before the lab lady did. By 10:00 I was starting to feel much better. We left the office around 11:15 and headed to my choice for lunch Logans'. I was doing pretty good, we ordered and I started drinking my water and eating some peanuts while waiting on my salad (their Ranch dressing is the best!) and then I started to have a hot flash. It was a good one too, I ended up switching seats with Mrs. Katie because she was feeling some air blowing, and she told me to let her know if I was getting ready to pass out. I kept drinking my water (and by then my salad had arrived so I started eating it) and trying to do my best to cool my self down (I know that I was on the verge of passing out if this continued). (My mom said the hot flash was due to all the sugar in my system). But thankfully, it passed and I was able to enjoy the rest of my lunch-grilled teriyaki chicken with grilled pineapple and cinnamon apples. I didn't eat anything sweet at lunch; if I had that would have of really put me over the edge. By the end of lunch I was feeling pretty much back to normal. I will say I'm not a huge Orange Crush fan, but I will drink it, however, not any time soon, I think it would make me sick.

After lunch, we headed to buybuyBaby to look at a crib that I had found that I liked online. However, seeing the crib in person the color was french white and it looked very yellow with my bedding. (I'm doing the nursery in white furniture). So, we left there and went to BabiesRUs where I did find a white crib that I did like. They also had out their Valentine's stuff and they had the cutest little bathing suit (for a baby about 3 months) that was a one piece, and it was red with white hearts all over it and had ruffles. It was so cute! But I didn't get it because it was Valentine themed and I don't know exactly how big Madalyn will be this summer to fit her now for a bathing suit. But I can't wait to buy one soon. After the baby store, we went to Khol's and I bought a pair of gray pants. I got a good many shirts for Christmas, but I needed another pair of maternity pants. Then we came home.


Saturday, January 8th: 28 Weeks and the beginning of the 3rd Trimester


My 3rd Trimester Update:

How far along: 28 weeks

Size of Madalyn: around 2 lbs.

My Total Weight Gain: 6 lbs.

Health Update: Waiting on the results from my 3 hr. glucose screening. I will post those as soon as I know the results-hopefully good results and everything will be fine. Other than that everything is going well. I go back on Monday, Jan.17th for my next regular check up and they won't do anything special at this visit so it should be quick; not 3 hours worth anyway.

Maternity Clothes:pretty much in maternity pants all the time now; I have a few pair that I can wear with my Belly Bands, but I don't think I will be able to for much longer. I still have some regular sweaters and shirts that are long enough to still wear for a little while longer, but I have been enjoying my maternity shirts that I got for Christmas this week.

Food Cravings: Nothing! I have not really had any cravings at all. I know that during the first 4-5 months, all I wanted to eat was fruits and vegetables and Thanksgiving like meals. The thought of eating junk food or spicy foods not only made me feel sick but if I did eat them, then I did get nauseated. The only thing I have noticed since about month 5 is that if I am somewhere to eat and they have fries, I do get them. I normally avoid fries and try to get another side when we are eating out, but if I have the chance to get them, then I do. However, I don't like drive by somewhere and go through the drive through and get them. They are not something that I have to have, just if I am in a eating place for lunch or dinner, I will order them.

Symptoms: Going back to school this past week really was hard. By Wednesday morning I was so tired and staying up to ten o'clock Wednesday night to prepare for Thursday's lessons and Sub plans for Friday...I was exhausted Thursday morning. I came home Thursday and after taking shower, I was down for the night, I was so tired. I was still very tired Friday and my legs, lower back and lower abdomen have been aching. Thankfully, this morning was Saturday and I was able to sleep in til about 8:45, when I no longer could lay in bed. Mainly because I had to get up and go to the bathroom. :0)

1 comment:

Wanda said...

I am so glad you keep us updated on your blog. Not seeing you very often - your blog makes me feel like I am not missing so much. Hope to see you soon...Aunt Wanda