Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day #1

Well, once again the weather people were correct, the whole south and state of South Carolina received some kind of frozen precipitation last night, early this morning. Last night they went ahead and closed the schools around here. I was surprised that they went ahead and closed the school without seeing anything falling yet, but they did. I woke up about 4:00 this morning and there wasn't a whole lot falling yet. By 7:00 this morning it was coming down good and has covered most everything. We didn't get snow, we got sleet. Which means ice and that could lead to power outages and dangerous driving on the road. I am not allowed to go out of the house; both porches are very slippy, Kevin has slipped and fell himself. Its still raining and sleeting and this evening and night I know it will get bad. I am pretty sure we will have at least a 2 hour delay tomorrow if not be closed again due to the roads and everything freezing again tonight. So, hopefully we keep power. So what am I doing on my day off...house work, while I can and have power I am, cleaning, washing, and straightening up the house.


Here's the view from our front porch.


Here's the view from our back porch.




No comments: