Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 31, 2011

Our Weekend

This weekend, Kevin and I went to see my parents for the weekend. Saturday, my mom and I went out to do a little shopping. I needed a pair of black pants-I had one pair, but the panel in them was built a little bit different, so they were really tight in the belly to wear now, I needed something different. Then I wanted to find two shirts that were a bit dressy to wear to my up coming showers. I had a very successful shopping. I found a pair of black pants, and three shirts. Then we ran by BabiesRUs for a bit; then met up with my dad and Kevin to go to the boat show for the afternoon. (The boat show is just like an RV show, where they have all different kinds of boats and you walk around and look at them and get to walk on them and try them out.) If you are not a boat person, then you would think that would be very boring, but if you are a boat person, it was a fun afternoon. I did have to rest some due to all the walking we did. After the boat show we stopped by and visited with my aunt and uncle (Ann and Bob) for a little bit before heading to Red Lobster for dinner. Sunday, my mom cooked my favorite meal: crock pot roast beef, carrots, potatoes, fried okra, rolls, green beans, and to top it off a red velvet cake (Kevin's favorite-made by the lady that did our wedding cake. It was an early birthday gift for my mom from the doctor she works for). My Papa came over to join us for lunch. Sunday afternoon, my mom and I had a bridal shower to go to for my cousin Taylor's fiancee, Casey. Kevin waited in the car for me, then we headed home. It was another busy weekend, but it was a nice weekend.

Today was the 100th day of school; meaning there are only 80 days left. Which means I only have 44 days left of the school year for me. I have 40 days left (including 2 teacher work days) before I get out for Miss Madalyn arriving. Then (as of right now) I'll have 4 days to go back and finish out the school year. One of my girls told me today " something is different about my teacher". I asked her what was it. Her answer" she looks different and her belly has gotten big."

Yes, my belly has gotten big. Madalyn has really started to get bigger and put on some weight here lately. (Which Kevin says that good, because he doesn't want her to be under weight when she comes). I'm not eating any different than I have been, but things are changing.

-I have had to take my rings off. I can still get them on, but they are tight.

-I have had a little swelling in my ankles after standing on my feet all day.

-I have trouble bending straight over now.

-My energy level has picked up a little bit, but by the 4 day of working, I'm very tired.

-I have also noticed just since this weekend, that there is a little wattle to my walk; especially if I am tired or have been sitting for awhile.

-I am having to lay on one of my sides to sleep and by doing that and staying on one side for a long period of time, when I wake up during the night that side is aching and sore.

-The biggest symptom that I have is that I can't sleep all night long without getting up several times during the night to the bathroom. I didn't have any trouble with this when I was first pregnant, but boy it has hit now. Like I will got about 3 times before I even get comfortable laying down. For the most part I will sleep until about 1:00 or so. ( I go to bed at 9, no later than 9:30). However, some nights I am up every hour, it just depends, but most nights from 1:00 to 4 or 5 I am up every hour. My problem is that whenever I change positions, like roll over to my other side, it wakes me up and once I am awake I have to get up and go to the bathroom. Normally by 5:30 until I get myself up at about 6:15 is when I am sleeping the best.

I have 9 weeks left to go and I'm getting very excited about Madalyn coming. I have a shower this Wednesday at school, so that is something to look forward to. I got one gift today because the teacher wasn't going to be there are the shower. I of course will post pictures and let you know what all Madalyn gets Wednesday.

1 comment:

thesandifers said...

Jill, I bet you are so cute! Take it easy. I know you have a job that requires a lot of standing, so rest all you can! I remember I got put on bed rest for a weekend for some terrible swelling (I had been standing and walking for about 5 hours while trying to get ready for a christmas party). Love ya!