Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Making Room for Madalyn

I hope that everyone had a good New Years; I spent my last days of 2010 preparing for the arrival of Miss Madalyn. My parents came down on Thursday, and they worked all Thursday and all Friday helping me get prepared for our bundle of joy.

Here is a list of what we did:
1. Both closest in both guest bed rooms were cleaned out; some things stored under the bed in the guest bedroom that won't be Madalyn's room. Mrs. Katie offered an upstairs closest for me to use, so we took a car load of school stuff (all in boxes) that I haven't used since I moved here to her house to store. I think she was very surprised when she saw all what I brought. (My mom, dad, and Mrs. Katie took all the boxes up stairs)

2. Kevin's old bed was moved back to his parents' house; which I think Mrs. Katie was happy to get another bed to put up stairs for guests. (Mr. Tim, my dad, and Kevin moved the bed out and back into his parents' house and put it back together)

3. The dresser in the blue guest bedroom had to be moved to another wall. (my mom and dad moved)

4. The computer desk and computer had to be moved to the blue guest bedroom. Which meant the computer had to be taken apart and then put back together. (my mom and dad moved and my dad put the computer back together.

5. Things were cleaned, dusted, vacuumed, gone through and stuff straightened up. Oh, and two closest shelves that had fallen; my dad fixed.

6. Two Wal-Mart runs, a run to a hardware store, and Dollar General.

Now, I know what you are thinking where was Kevin when all this was going on? At the chicken houses. He got new birds in Wed., Thurs., and Fri., so he had to continue to work. I couldn't lift or move a lot of things, so I tried to keep Abby out of the way and go through things and help with what I could.

The end result, we are ready to paint Madalyn's room. However, I have to buy a piece of her bedding to get the right color for the room; it will be in the light green family. Then I have a shower Feb.12th in Greer, and Kevin is planning on painting the room since I will be gone that weekend. The big things that are left to do is; have to decide on a crib and other furniture and get that ordered, bought, and put together. Then I just get to wait on the fun part..the baby showers!

We took all the Christmas down and put it away and now with all the boxes and tubs that were sitting around, they are gone, the house feels so empty. We have had our spring cleaning early. And the weather we have had the past two days, it's been in the 60's so it really has felt like spring.

This was one of our guest bedrooms before the move; which is going to be Madalyn's room. Now, I did not take these the other day, there was a lot , a lot more stuff sitting in this room yesterday and the day before.


This is her room currently.


I hung up her new clothes that she has gotten since we found out she was a girl and clothes she got for Christmas. The gray tub is full of clothes from my niece Kayla and bag has older clothes in it from my friend Noelle.


This was the other guest bedroom before...


This is it now, not a lot changed with this room, just the dresser being moved to a new wall and the computer desk and computer being moved in here; along with a picture or two being hung up.






















1 comment:

Wanda said...

It looks like you have made a lot of progress. That little baby will be here soon!