Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

37 Week Check Up

I went to the doctor today for my 37 week check up. Everything was good. My results for the strep test that I had done last week was negative; which was good. We listened to the heartbeat (147) and he measured me. Next week he will check me again. However, we had some surprising news. We had talked about since we live an hour away from the hopsital (my doctor is in Augusta, GA) that I wanted to be induced and possible earlier than my due date; which is April 4th. Last week, he said that he would have some dates for us to look at. However, he told us that he was looking at inducing me on Monday, March 28th. Which totally took me by surprised. I was planning on working that day because it was a teacher workday and that would be another day for me to get my sub plans and things together for school. When I go next week, we will know if that will be the date for sure. Because I said that I didn't want to be induced unless I had started to dilate because that would be a very long day and no point really. He said that he would keep that date for now, and we will look at it next week and change if we need to. Yikes! Madalyn is coming in less than 2 weeks possibly and so much left to do at home and school.....I will probably be going to school this weekend to work some to get things together. After the doctor's appointment, Kevin and I went by the hopsital and I showed him where all to do, since he didn't go with my and Mrs. Katie last week. So....I came home and finished painting some letters that will go over her crib. I figured I better get those ready to be put up this weekend. And the reason they had not been completed before now is because of all the school work I have to do and trying to keep my feet up. Anyway, just keep me, Madalyn, and Kevin in your prayers as we prepare to meet and become a family of three humans and one spoiled rotten poddle. Pray that I get all my school work prepared along with my stuff at home and that I can for the next 8 days with students keep myself sane and not work too much. However, last night it was about 10 before I went to bed because I was up doing school stuff. Also, the 3rd nine weeks is at an end, so I have to get all this stuff graded to get report cards ready to go home. And my list goes on and on...when I'm at home all I can think about is what I need to do for school (and how much I don't want to do it) and when I'm at school; all I think about it what I need to do at home and would like to come home and take a nap. But just 8 more days-3 this week and 5 next week. Oh, I can't believe she will be here soon; it's been so fast; yet this last month has been difficult and gone by slow.

No comments: