Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Couting Down the Days

I have six more days left to teach....if Madalyn is coming on the 28th of this month; I have 10 more days until she will arrive. My weekend is going to be very busy; my main focus will be on getting my Sub plans together, putting the final touches on Madalyn's room, and getting myself and Kevin packed for the hospital. I know seems like a lot left to do and there is...but it will get done or not get done I guess.

Some of my students have been very consumed with me being pregnant. (They don't know yet that next week will be my last week with them. I will inform them of that news Monday when I send a letter home to let the parents know as well.) They has asked all kinds of question and made all kinds of comments. The comments and questions have come more often in the last month and really in the last few weeks because they know it's getting closer to the baby being here and since my belly is big. Read the comments and let me know which one is your favorite. Now please keep in mind, most of these are made while I'm in the middle of teaching or they are suppose to be working at their seats or walking in line to go somewhere.

1. "It's about time that you have children."

2. "Will you bring the baby to school so we can see her?"

3. "Will the baby go to school here?"

4. "Will you bring a picture to school of the baby?"

5. "Where does the baby go to the bathroom?"

6. "When you go to the bathroom; is that when the baby goes to the bathroom?"

7. "When you eat, the baby gets to eat what you eat."

8. "You are not suppose to eat a lot of sweets or spicy foods when you are pregnant."

9. "You have two hearts inside of you right now."

10. "I just saw the baby move!"

11. (at my baby shower at school) "Mrs. McCormick, how can the baby eat all this food when it's not born yet?"

12. "I can see the baby's nose!" (talking about my belly button-by the way hasn't popped out)

13. "How does the baby wear clothes? Do you swallow the clothes?"

14. (leaving to go this past week for my doctor's appointment...) "Mrs. McCormick, I know what they are going to do. You will lay on the table and they will put this jelly stuff on your belly and you can see the baby on the screen. Will you bring the picture to school?"

15. "Who will our substitute teacher be?"

16. "Can you feel the baby kick or move?"

17. "Are you excited about having a baby?"

18. "I wonder what the baby will look like?"

19. "What do we do if your water breaks in class?"

20. "How do babies get inside moms' bellies?" ( my answer: ask your mom)

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I love #9 and #12! I haven't thought of it before, but this is the one time you most definitely do have TWO hearts. Glad you are doing well! Love to you and Kevin.

Wanda said...

Well! While I was typing my comment above I received the call that you were on your way to the hospital! Can't wait to see that red headed little girl????!!!!