Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 28, 2011

Madalyn is 1 Week Old

I cannot believe that Madalyn is already a week old today! The events of last week are a blur to me. It sounds so funny to begin a sentence with..."when I was pregnant"....I can't believe I can say that. Mrs. Katie called me today at 11:30 and asked me if I wanted her to bring me a cheeseburger. Then my mom said at 12:30 that she was getting the phone call "Jill's water just broke and we are on the way to the hospital." It has been a fast week, but things are starting to calm down and we are loving our time with our sweet, precious baby girl. It's also amazing to me the changes that I already see in her and the things she can do. When she is on your shoulder, she can really picked up her head and look around. Normally with her mouth open like a little bird looking for food. Tonight, I took her from Kevin and as soon as I started speaking to her, she turned to me and opened her mouth. My mom said she already knew my voice and knew I was mom the one who feeds her. She also has very strong legs and will just go to town kicking when you change her diaper. She can also move herself from one shoulder to the next.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Jill I have enjoyed reading your childbirth story. Wow you will definitly have something to remember with this one!! I'm so glad that you and the baby are doing good. Can't wait to see her!!!

Wanda said...

Can't wait to see her and get my hands on this sweet little girl!