Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Madalyn at 2 Years

I just wanted to give an update of what Madalyn is up to lately and how her 2 year old year is so far.  So here are some of favorite things and some things she does.

Favorite TV Shows:
1. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (she loves Minnie Mouse!)
2. Doc McStuffins
3. Sofia the First
She also likes:
-Jake and the Neverland Pirates
-Team Umizoomi
-Bubble Guppies

Favorite In Door Activities:
1. Playing with her little people doll house
2. Playing with her Minnie Mouse toys
3. Dressing up like Doc McStuffins and playing doctor
4. Playing with Play Doh
5. Puzzles
6. Coloring and eating Crayons (did I say "eating", yep sure did! :0)

Favorite Out Door Activities:
Anything outside! She loves to be outside.
1. Playing in the sand/dirt
2. Playing with a ball and running around
3. Sliding down her slide
4. Riding the golf cart to look at all the animals

Favorite Things to Eat:
Currently this is a very small list.  She was a really good eater and would eat just about anything before she turned 1. Then she basically eats the same thing all the time.  I give her a chance to eat new foods, but she won't try them and you can't make her either.  She won't eat any kind of vegetable or meat besides chicken really. She will eat bacon and sausage some.
1. Chicken-fixed any kind of way
2. Shells and Cheese (she won't eat any other kind of mac'n cheese)
3. Mashed Potatoes
4. Rice with or without Gravy and Especially brown rice
5. Any kind of fruit
6. Favorite Snack: yogurt, fruit snacks, Goldfish, cereal, and of course Chips and Cookies (we try to limit this snack as much as possible)!
7. Favorite Drink: Sweet Tea (her Meme has spoiled her on this one.) I don't make tea because I make it by the gallon and within a day it's gone between Kevin and Madalyn.  She does also love plain, white Milk, and she will drink water and juice.  She will even tell me "no water, tea."

Talking:
Each day Madalyn's vocabulary and sentence structure is building and changing.  It has especially been changing a lot over just the last month.  She is constantly picking up on new words and you are starting to be able to understand sentences.

One thing that Madalyn says, which I think is precious is "Hi, my Mommy" and "Hi, my Daddy"  I think it's so sweet how she says "my".  She has also learned to say "Amen" with us at the end of her blessing.  Sometimes she will put her hands together and say "Amen" before we begin the blessing.  She has the sweetest little voice and I love to hear her talk.

Madalyn has become attached to this one little puppy stuffed toy that she likes for "puppy" to go everywhere with us.  She is still just as active as she ever was, but hey she's two; she has a lot of energy to get out.

Sometimes I look at her in amazement and just think about how she was once this little baby that couldn't do anything for herself and now she seems so grown up.  Since I work full time, I don't get to spend a lot of time with her during the week. Which before I got married, I use to think how can people say they see their spouse or children when they live in the same house, but I completely understand now. So I am excited that after next week, I will be officially, officially done with school and can just enjoy Madalyn for few weeks I will have off.






No comments: