Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 28, 2013

Today

Today is Friday! Today is the last day for my first full week at home since school has ended. This week has gone by so fast.  It's also the last Friday in June, wow! Where does the time go?  In a month I'll be back at school...ok, happier thoughts now.  Here are some pictures of the events that happened today.

First, Wingo was treated to a "Doggie Spa Day" by the Washin Waggin and is now such a pretty boy.  He is so soft and looks so good. They did a great job on him, it took them two hours. The lady told me she had enough fur in the van to make another complete dog.  And I believe it! He has the thickest fur.  He was badly matted and desperately needed this months ago, but I just had not had the time to be home to get it done.  He's ready to celebrate the 4th already.  I know he didn't enjoy his "spa" day, but I'm sure he has got to feel better now.

 
 
 On Thursday, I had to take Madalyn to the doctor.  Tuesday night she started coughing and running a fever.  She continued Wednesday and started having trouble breathing.  She has croup and they put her on steroids for three days.  She's better with her breathing but still coughing a good bit.  So we have been inside for the last few days instead of going outside to play.
 
Since I have been home this week; I have been trying out some of the recipes that I have pinned on Pinterest along with some of the crafts or toddler things that I had pinned.
 
Here's one new activity we tried today...sorting pom-poms by color.  I would put a pom-pom in each cup, then ask her to find a "blue" and she would find one.  Then I would tell her to put it with the other blue pom-poms and she would. This was how we played today...but there are so many possibilities with this activity.  (And I did buy her a new muffin tin for this that will be used just for her.  Mine that I use to cook with isn't as shiny and clean as this one is. And yes I wash my muffin tin, but you know how years of use, you have burn stains that just don't come off any more.)
 
 
 
 

 
 
Our last adventure today, came at bedtime. I was getting ready to put Madalyn to bed, when one of Kevin's workers called saying he was coming by to pick up his check.  He pulled in the driveway and in a few minutes Kevin came in the house telling us to come outside he had something to show us.
 
 
A Fawn-just a few days old
 
 
He found the baby deer on the side of the road, no mama deer in sight.  So he caught it and is taking care of it for right now until it can be on it's own.
 
What did Madalyn think of the deer? "Baby cute!" and she also wanted it to come inside the house. But that wasn't going to happen. :0)
 

 
 
 

No comments: