Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 20, 2009

McCormick Update

Well, last week and weekend were very busy. This week has been a little slower. I had a good week at school. Nothing major went on, no major behavior issues, even though I did find out that we might have our school day extended by 30 minutes next year! :( That means our hours will be 7:35-3:45 for teachers and 7:45-3:15 for students. Kevin had to go to class. This was the first time he has been the "student" in a long time. He got a letter from Piedmont Tech. in Newberry, saying he had to attend this class on the proper and correct way to dispose of chicken litter. He thought he could get out of it, but nope! So, Wednesday at 5:15 am, Jason picked Kevin up and the two of them headed to Newberry. Praise the Lord they made it there in one piece! (Jason was driving). They were served breakfast, the morning class Kevin said was pretty interesting. They had a very nice BBQ lunch. But he said the afternoon class was boring. At the end of the class, they had to take a test which Kevin said was very hard. But they were allowed to use their 2 inch notebook to help them. He will get his results in about 2 weeks. So about 8:15 or so Kevin arrived back home. The cost for a day learning about chicken litter....$150. Tomorrow I am starting one of my other projects on my To-Do list...paint the master bathroom. I was going to save this for spring break, but I decided to go ahead and start on it. It will take 2 coats of Kliz, then I will be able to add color. The winning color will be in the sage green family. Not light green or dark green, but somewhere in the middle. The color is found in our bedspread which is also in the curtains in our bathroom. Tomorrow night, we have a surprise 50th wedding anniversary to go to for our "across the street, down the road" neighbors. They have always been so good to Kevin and I. Before we married, she would cook and bring Kevin a plate. They still bring stuff over. They are from PA, and Kevin will take care of their animals and things when they go up North. So, other than painting and partying it will be a pretty calm weekend. Hopefully, Abby and I can stay out of the paint this time. She and I both still have traces of white paint in our hair from the rocking chairs. I'll post some before and after pictures of the bathroom when I finish.

No comments: